By Ben Berg
Being in the restaurant industry, I have a passion for hospitality and love helping friends and family create new and lasting memories. Whether we are hosting a holiday party in one of our restaurants or catering in a home, we think it’s truly an honor to help our guests create a magical and memorable evening.
Here are my tips for planning a stress-free holiday party:
- Create great ambiance with music, lighting, candles and holiday decorations. Flowers are an easy way to dress up a room without going crazy worrying about having enough holiday decorations.
- Have Champagne and wine ready to serve as guests arrive. It sets the mood and puts everybody at ease.
- Have great appetizers passed or on display when guests arrive for an easily accessible snack. When I am entertaining in my home, a cheese and charcuterie platter from The Butcher Shop at B&B Butchers & Restaurant is always an appetizer. Other universal crowd pleasers are pigs in a blanket (you would be surprised how fast these go at a party!) and mini crab cakes. Different versions of these two appetizers are on all our restaurant’s private event menus.
- Plan the meal out a few weeks in advance and make sure you accommodate any dietary restrictions.
- Always have lots of ice and a fully stocked bar!
- If you are going to splurge on any staff, a bartender really sets the mood, and helps limit those over eager heavy pourers! Also, if possible, hire someone to help clean up as it takes the stress off the host.
Ben Berg is the founder and owner of Berg Hospitality Group. He is opening two new restaurants in Autry Park in Spring 2022. Annabelle’s will be an American brasserie serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and Turner’s Cut will be a luxury steakhouse.